Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Thy wounds, hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malicious enemy, defend me. In the hour of my death call me and bid me come unto Thee, that I may praise Thee with Thy saints and with Thy angels forever and ever. Amen.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Get Your Tickets!

I hear there is soon going to be a Synod of sorts in Scranton which will bring Abby (my sister) and John (her husband) and two little girls to our neck of the woods. I couldn't find any information on the internet, so I'm wondering if this is going to be a subversive Synod. I have a sneaking suspicion that you could score a couple of tickets here ( http://www.federationorc.org/).

I am wondering what role John will play in all this. Perhaps he will be sent to the the Bishop of Scranton
(http://www.dioceseofscranton.org/mainpage/index.htm) with a case of Crown and Covenant beer as an ecumenical gesture. Perhaps he will be sent to nail 95 theses regarding Paedocommunion to the nearest Reformed Church lacking in this discipline. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps ... ... ...

In any event, we want to take them to an Irish Pub (that's the best place for the children), and have them hang out at our house (we charge less than a hostel).

I thought the mention of "beer" and "Pub" in one short post would put my Dad in a giddy mood if he happens to read this. Cheers Dad!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:32:00 PM, Blogger trawlerman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:36:00 PM, Blogger trawlerman said...

Hey Pete,
I'm excited about coming down!

As far as the theses on paedocommunion, James Jordan beat me to it!

Read it here:
Theses on Paedocommunion

As far as the C&C beer, my wee wifey was supposed to bring me some back after her last trip to Nanticoke, but my so-called Reformed friends somehow suffered some sort of temporary amnesia and forgot to ensure that Abby receive some to carry home to me. I'm not sure what kind of supply will be waiting for me when I finally get down there in person.

 
At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we still have some left! It just so happens to be in my possosesion so fear not brother John. It is potent reformed beer and must be consumed by bearded men. After shaving, Matt handed it over to my care.

How are ya Pete. Look forward to seeing you again.

Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home