Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Thy wounds, hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malicious enemy, defend me. In the hour of my death call me and bid me come unto Thee, that I may praise Thee with Thy saints and with Thy angels forever and ever. Amen.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Do Yourself a Favor ...

...And go rent "The Ninth Day". It may be one of the best movies you see this year. Bare, complex, human, transcendent. Basic plot--> A Catholic priest in the priest cell of Dachau concentration camp is released for nine days to try to convince his Bishop back home in Luxembourg to support the Nazi regime. Based on a true story, the film is about what unfolds during those nine days. In German with English subtitles, I give it nine stars *********

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Looks good. Would it be at movie rental places? Usually, I rely on The HusMan to bring home movies, so I don't know where the most likely place to find this is...

I suppose I could just ask him, huh?

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Peter said...

It was at our local Blockbuster in the new releases section, so I don't think it would be too hard to find.

 
At Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Cynthia R. Nielsen said...

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like thoughtful movie.

Kind regards,
Cynthia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home