Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. Body of Christ, save me. Blood of Christ, inebriate me. Water from the side of Christ, wash me. Passion of Christ, strengthen me. O good Jesus, hear me. Within Thy wounds, hide me. Suffer me not to be separated from Thee. From the malicious enemy, defend me. In the hour of my death call me and bid me come unto Thee, that I may praise Thee with Thy saints and with Thy angels forever and ever. Amen.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Been Gone Awhile

Between Lent, the move south, and working on a website for our church I haven't felt too inspired to post here. I probably continue to post rather sporatically as I start a new job in 6 weeks and baby #2 will be here soon thereafter.

I love Jim Thorpe (the town). Here are a few pictures of the Church of St. Joseph, a block from our house. It seems like a good place to try to encourage "the reform of the reform" of the Liturgy that Bendict XVI speaks of. The building was built by German immigrants in the 1870's (thank God for the Germans), and the interior was left essentially intact following Vatican II. Hopefully the souls of all us Catholics in this church will be transformed that we will be as beautiful interiorly as the building we worship in every week.

The current priest is younger, expounds the Scriptures, and uses incense liberally, chants the Mass, and all the hymns are accompanied by pipe organ (no folk Masses). I haven't yet introduced myself personally to thank him for his care of the Liturgy, but I intend to this week.

Hopefully you guys (John, Matt, Scott, Jeremiah, ...) can make it down (or up) sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home